Friday 15 April 2016

Fabric Friday

This Friday's fabric choice is an ikat fabric that I'm thinking of using in the spare room of my new home. I decided to use a fresh blue and white colour scheme for this room as I already had the blue bedside tables and quite liked them. Sometimes it's nice to have some sort of colour reference to start with and the blue of the bedside tables matched perfectly with an ikat-inspired bedding set that I found in John Lewis. 


I recently inherited a bed for the spare room from a friend of mine and it came with a padded bed head. The only trouble is that the bedhead is covered in a red fabric which doesn't match my new colour scheme!


After much foraging through my fabric stash, I came across a beautiful blue and white ikat fabric that would be perfect for the job! Now I just have to be brave and give it a go. If anyone has any tips on the best way to do it, please let me know......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts