Friday 28 January 2011

Kimono Clasp Bags

I have finally managed to make some clutch bags out of the kimono fabrics I have been collecting since I came to Japan. It's been so much fun foraging for the fabrics and now I have a use for them! It has been very satisfying putting them together and matching the vibrant linings with the outer fabric to produce something that I love and hope other people will too. These clutch bags could beautifully compliment a party frock or wedding outfit and are big enough to fit all the essentials, with a handy inside pocket for smaller items. You can check them out in my etsy shop.There are two very different sides to this bag, one is made from a pretty blossom print and the other is made from a geometric print, both in vibrant orange tones. The yellow of the flower has been picked out and used for the lining fabric.

The orange of the kimono fabric on this bag is perfectly set off with the vibrant green of the lining - quite a wow factor!

I love the vibrant red of this clutch bag and the way that the mustard yellow of the flower matches the yellow of the lining.

2 comments:

  1. Oh these are lovely! The colours are gorgeous. How big are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them! These bags measure approximately 13cm x 27cm, so a perfect size for an evening bag.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts