Tuesday 8 October 2019

New York - Day Four

Our first port of call was the National September 11th Memorial and Museum. I was living in New York when 9/11 happened and having lived through it, I’d never felt right about going to the museum until now. I have to say, it was a very moving and awe-inspiring experience. It brought back many memories of that horrific day but also reminded me of how strong and resilient New York City is.

After a lovely bowl of creamy ravioli and a glass of wine at Eataly, we then headed to the High Line to soak up the atmosphere there. Every time I go there, the landscape has changed and there are so many more new buildings. The most recent one is the Vessel that looks like a big pineapple.

The evening was rounded off with a cold beer at Ferns a nice local bar on 1st Ave (bet10th and 11th).
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts