Tuesday 22 September 2015

A ray of sunshine

My last post mentioned the beautiful Spring/Summer '16 collection of Paul Smith. I loved the use of yellow in some of his outfits, but realised I have my own ray of sunshine in my Cheeky Leopard collection. It's in the form of a beautiful yellow and cream ikat fabric clutch bag that has a fab complimentary bright green lining.

I bought the fabric on a recent trip to Istanbul and fell in love with the happy colour. Ikat fabrics are painstakingly fiddly to make as they require the pattern of the fabric to be dyed onto the yarns before they are woven. This creates the characteristic 'blurred' effect. I bought many more beautifully bright ikat fabrics while I was in Istanbul and they will slowly be added to my store over the next few weeks.

You can find this wondrous yellow creation in my store here.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts