Wednesday 8 July 2015

A new addition?

I have been wanting to make jewellery items out of kimono fabrics for a while now, but was unsure how to make them. At the weekend I got busy playing with fabrics and after a lot of fiddling, I came up with this kimono cuff idea! I have used kimono fabric on the outer side and a contrasting cotton fabric on the inner side, with strong canvas strap in between the fabric pieces to add stiffness. Each cuff has been finished off with a rose button and neon pink elastic loop closure. I'm thinking of trying more in varying widths and colours and may even add charms and tassels to some of them too! They would look great worn on their own, or in a group in a selection of widths and colours together.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts