Tuesday 9 June 2015

New addition

I made this rather lovely handbag a while ago but have only just got around to photographing it and listing it on my shop! I have to say, I love it and am tempted to keep it for myself.......

It's made from a stunning multi colour and metallic decorative vintage Japanese obi fabric.
The obi is the thick 'belt' that goes around the kimono and it is often heavily decorative and colourful. The one I used for this bag was found at an antique market in Tokyo and I felt that it needed a bright red lining for a flash of colour when the bag is opened. It's held closed with a magnetic snap closure and there are two weathered red canvas straps that fit over the shoulder or in the hand.

This bag makes quite a statement! You can find it in my store here.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts