Sunday 15 March 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely mothers out there, especially to mine who is the loveliest!

I wanted to make her a card, but it ended up becoming a hanging decoration instead! It's heart-shaped and made from pretty vintage kimono pieces that I had in my collection.


 I chose two pink and red kimono pieces which I then cut into heart shapes.


 The kimono fabric is quite fine, so I added a cotton backing to each one to make it stronger, and pinned a turquoise ribbon loop in place.


I then sewed around the heart shape and when I got close to the end, I stuffed the heart with wadding before sewing it up. I then finished the edges with pinking shears to stop it from fraying.

I think it's quite sweet and am thinking this could be a new addition to my Cheeky Leopard store….



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts