Friday, 2 September 2011
Japanese home
Ever since the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami happened in March, followed by the problems related to the Fukushima nuclear plant, power shortages have forced the Japanese to limit their energy consumption. Architects have picked up on this and are looking to the past for inspiration, where houses were built to survive hot summers without the use of air conditioners. This little gem was built by Suppose Design Office. From the outside it looks like a red wooden shed that's been dropped from the sky, but go inside and the whole place opens up where the garden and home become one integrated piece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I came across this shop on Etsy yesterday and felt the need to share it! I love the name " Baileydoesn'tbark " and the simple ...
-
I'm loving this bunting , available in my Etsy Shop . It's the perfect decoration for a summer party. It's made from cotton and ...
-
I designed this print for my Spoonflower shop a while ago and it includes zebras, leopards and tropical foliage in a sketched botanical styl...
-
I love a butterfly print and I love a green clutch bag and this does both! It's made from a fabulous cotton vintage Japanese kimono fab...
-
This seashell print is available in my Redbubble shop and is great for using on items for the beach. It's been designed in a linocut ...




hi nice the meet you
ReplyDelete