Friday 13 March 2015

Fabric Friday

This week's Fabric Friday is brought to you from the Design Centre Chelsea Harbour. I decided to make a last minute dash there this morning as I realised it was their last day of London Design Week. They open their doors to people in the trade for the first few days, and general members of the public on the last few days, giving talks on design as well as allowing us to see inside their showrooms. It's great to dip into and I always find something juicy to inspire me, whether it's for my bag designs or for my design work. This time I gravitated towards the vibrant brights and especially loved the fabrics I saw at the Colefax and Fowler showroom.


This was my favourite design, based on an Indian sarasa design.
It is embroidered and uses hot pink and vibrant orange.


I do love a bit of kilim and why not make it hot pink?!


The pretty hot pink medallion motif in the design above is fab.
I love that it is mixed with the natural colour of the linen.


The addition of a vibrant green into the design of the cushion above really adds zest to the floral and I love the idea of pairing it with the green paisley cushion. Check out the orange piping!
Such a nice touch of contrasting colour.


The picture above and below show how these gorgeous fabrics can be made up. I love the medallion design on the cushion above and look how beautifully the fabrics work on the bag below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts