Saturday 27 July 2019

Guggenheim Museum Bilbao

The main reason for me coming to Bilbao was to go to the stunning Guggenheim Museum. So after a scrumptious breakfast at a cafe close to my hotel, I jumped onto the metro and headed to the museum. It was a rather grey, rainy day, but the building still looked stunning, sitting next to the rivers edge. The inside was just as interesting as the outside and I was in awe at how a building like this could be conceived, let alone built! It has a very organic feel and a great combination of materials. The outside is made mainly of silvery  gold metal plates that form an armadillo-like skin and change colour in the varying light. The exhibitions inside are just as interesting and I spent a good few hours there, soaking it all up.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts