The main reason for me coming to Bilbao was to go to the stunning Guggenheim Museum. So after a scrumptious breakfast at a cafe close to my hotel, I jumped onto the metro and headed to the museum. It was a rather grey, rainy day, but the building still looked stunning, sitting next to the rivers edge. The inside was just as interesting as the outside and I was in awe at how a building like this could be conceived, let alone built! It has a very organic feel and a great combination of materials. The outside is made mainly of silvery gold metal plates that form an armadillo-like skin and change colour in the varying light. The exhibitions inside are just as interesting and I spent a good few hours there, soaking it all up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I'm loving this bunting , available in my Etsy Shop . It's the perfect decoration for a summer party. It's made from cotton and ...
-
Sunflowers are a great way to update a dark bedroom and these ones available in my Spoonflower shop are the perfect solution. I designed th...
-
This seashell print is available in my Redbubble shop and is great for using on items for the beach. It's been designed in a linocut ...
-
I love a butterfly print and I love a green clutch bag and this does both! It's made from a fabulous cotton vintage Japanese kimono fab...
-
I created this herb print for my Spoonflower shop a while ago and love its clean fresh feel, which is perfect for using on accessories in ...










No comments:
Post a Comment