Thursday 7 March 2019

Mother's Day gift ideas

Mother's Day is fast approaching (31st March in the UK) and I'm always thinking of new ideas for Mother's Day gifts in my store. When I went to the Knitting and Stitching show on Sunday, I picked up some rather scrumptious Chinese satin damask fabric and thought it would make the perfect fabric for one of my clutch bags. I love these fabrics as the colours are so vibrant and they sit next to my kimono fabrics rather nicely!


I gravitated towards the butterfly motif which is a symbol of long life in China, as well as representing young, undying love. If two butterflies are seen flying together they are regarded as the perfect emblem of love.


The fabric will be made up into clutch bags rather like the one below.



I love the vibrant pink of this clutch bag and used a lovely turquoise lining to contrast with the outer fabric.


Each clutch bag has a detachable chain strap that can be removed or simply tucked inside the bag.



The clutch is big enough to fit all the essentials for a night out and makes the perfect gift for Mother's Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts