Friday 28 December 2018

Feeling festive

This time of year can have its ups and downs but I feel like I've made the most of it and done some fun things in and around London this festive season. On Saturday 22nd I met up with my good friend Faye, who I've known since college and we had a lovely time wandering around the South Bank and Covent Garden and taking in the atmosphere.


It was great not having an agenda so close to xmas, and when we felt like a drink we decided to try out a fab little cafe called Boki on Earlham street. It's steps away from Seven Dials which was beautifully lit up for the season and is an independent coffee shop at the front, with a fab little retro-style bar at the back.


We sampled a selection of cocktails in interesting combinations. They offered an array of unique coffee cocktails, but my favourites were the selection of house-infused gins.


I then headed off for a few hours of ceroc dancing at Shepherd Hall, a venue in St Thomas' Hospital that has stunning views over the river and Houses of Parliament.


On Sunday 23rd I headed over to North London with my friend Subashini. First we went to Exmouth Market for an early lunch in Coin Laundry, a laid back neighbourhood bar and restaurant.


After filling our bellies, we had a little wander round the independent shops on Exmouth Market. One of my favourites was a shop called Marby & Elm, a letterpress stationery and design shop where the majority of the products are actually made in the shop.


As a designer and maker myself, it was fab to see a small business working so well and to see the product actually being made in front of us. I loved the sense of humour infused into many of their products too. I bought the card below and am planning to use it as a prop for some of my product photos.


From Exmouth Market we trotted up the road to Sadler's Wells theatre to see Matthew Bourne's iconic Swan Lake production which took our breath away! Such a stunning performance.


To finish the evening off, we stopped off at Skylon on the South Bank to have a cocktail or two whilst looking out over the lights of London. Perfect!


Christmas day was spent with my family at my sister's house and it was a perfect day with lovely presents, scrumptious food and silly games at the end.


Happy New Year to one and all and here's to a wonderful 2019!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts