Friday 1 June 2018

Nautical nautiness

It's been a while since I've written on my blog! But I'm back and embracing the beginning of summer. I recently went on a trip to the lovely seaside town of Whitstable and it inspired me to start creating some nautical-inspired items.

Whitstable is situated on the north coast of Kent and is famous for its oysters. It also has a lovely selection of shops and cafes to meander around. The harbour was full of brightly coloured boats and we came across this friendly fisherman too!


Wherever I go, I like to do research into design ideas for new projects and I often come across some fabulous inspiration on the high street. The two items below caught my eye as I love the loose, abstract style of them both. The image on the left is a canvas bag from Seasalt and the image on the right shows bathroom items from John Lewis.


I was also interested in the designs below which I saw on candle boxes by Linea at House of Fraser. The design on the left is a loose geometric that is designed in nautical colours of red, white and blue that co-ordinate nicely with a nautical collection. The design on the right uses an abstract wave design and reminds me of many designs used in Japanese art and design.


Below you can see a few of the nautical items I now have in my store. I love a lobster print and the card case uses a fab graphic lobster design with a red and white polka dot lining. The tissue holder is made from a canvas navy blue and white anchor fabric and comes filled with tissues, ready for any summertime sniffles. The fish cometic bag and beach hut cosmetic bag are large and roomy and great for using on vacation, either for toiletries or as a case for storing chargers and gadgets.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts