Friday 2 September 2016

Fabric Friday

This week's fabric of choice is a stunning vintage black Japanese kimono from my collection. It had been packed away when I moved house and I only recently rediscovered it. I love the bold florals and use of colour and it appears to have a 1930s Art Deco feel to it. I'd love to know where it came from originally. I picked it up at an antique fair in Tokyo a few years ago, but have no idea of its heritage.

I'm planning to make it into a stunning clutch bag with a vibrant red lining. Watch this space!


I love the bold design and use of the red, yellow and cream colour theme on a solid black ground with a touch of metallic gold here and there.


The blossom design is a traditional Japanese motif and often found on kimono fabrics.


This stylised chrysanthemum design reminds me of firework displays.
Kimonos are often worn in summer to go and view the popular firework displays around Tokyo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts