Monday 4 July 2016

Happy Monday

Happy Monday to all! I hope a good weekend was had. I know in the States, July 4th weekend was being celebrated and it was great to see what all my friends were doing over there through Facebook. It looks like they are having better weather than us! We still managed to enjoy it though.

On Friday I went to see Massive Attack in Hyde Park with my friend Audrey. We started off the evening with a drink at the bar of the Lanesborough Hotel, just across from the park, and then made it to the stage just in time to see Patti Smith finishing her set. She is an impressive woman!


Massive Attack were fun to see, having loved them since my college days.
They were a tad chilled out!

The showery weather meant that a rainbow suddenly appeared over the park. It was a pretty stunning sight, with this carousel in the foreground.


On Saturday I headed off in my Mini to drive to Suffolk to go to the party of me dear friend Carrie.


Here brother owns a beautiful house in the middle of the Suffolk countryside, surrounded by stunning gardens.


Some of the guests were brave enough to camp in the garden, but I played it safe and booked into a hotel. We had a fab evening of good food, drink and music and dancing and it was so good to catch up with a dear friend as well as meet some new ones!


I finished off my weekend by adding this beauty to my store. It's made from Chinese damask fabric that I bought in New York recently.


Check out the vibrant green lining I gave it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts