Friday 3 June 2016

Maggie Mowbray Hats

Every now and then I like to showcase a designer I adore and today I'm showcasing the beautiful designs of Maggie Mowbray, a milliner based near Edinburgh, Scotland. She designs and creates all her handmade, made-to-order pieces from her studio, following the design process through from designing, to shaping, sewing the hat and then adding any finishing touches.

All the hat and headpieces she creates are designed to enhance a woman's features: the lines, angles and shapes are all intended to work with the facial features, and custom designs can be designed to compliment a client's outfit.

In the past I've mentioned other hat designers and love the way that the hats compliment my clutch bags. You will see some of Maggie's creations below and I have matched each one to a Cheeky Leopard bag. 


This stunning red fascinator hat has an old Hollywood glamour about it.


I've matched the red hat to my red blossom kimono clutch bag.


I love a shot of purple and this cocktail hat is stunning! I love the leaf detail on the side.


It matches my purple clutch perfectly.


This beautiful rust 'percher' hat is hand formed by sculpting into shape and is finished with a felt cone and pheasant feather.


I matched this decorative rust clutch bag to the percher hat above.


This is a hat for the races and makes quite a statement! It has a hand curled peacock feather detail.


I matched the peacock hat to my emerald green handbag, made from a stunning embroidered silk from India.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts