Friday 25 March 2016

Blossom season

Blossom season is nearly here, which I love! To me it means that spring is well and truly on its way. When we lived in Japan, the blossom season was a rather magical event, where everyone embraced the beauty of the soft pink cherry blossoms and came out to celebrate with hanami parties, or blossom viewing parties. Hundreds of people flocked to the parks around Tokyo and spread out their picnic rugs to eat good food and enjoy the flowers. Along the Meguro river, close to where we used to live, was especially magical as the river was lit up with lanterns at night time. In true Japanese fashion, blossom season is always predicted pretty accurately and this year the Tokyo area is predicted to be starting as early as 26th March, although I've read that some buds have already been seen at the Yasukuni Shrine. I'd love to head over there and get a little fix of it!

In celebration of the coming of spring, I have made two pretty little clutch bags out of vintage blossom kimono fabrics that I collected on my last trip to Tokyo in November.
You can find both clutch bags in my shop here.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts