Thursday 5 March 2015

Kimono handbag

Last week I mentioned a new style of handbag that I'd added to my store and I've recently added another one! Each bag has been made from kimono pieces from my collection and consist of more than one fabric, to create a nice mix of prints. This one is made from one of my favourite kimono pieces. It is a pretty terracotta and cream blossom print on a black ground, and I decided to use a silhouette floral fabric on the flap of the bag, for a contrast. The lining is terracotta, picking out the colour of the blossom from the outer fabric. The strap is long enough to fit over the shoulder or across the body and is made from a Japanese obijime, which is the strap that goes around the obi.

You can find it in my store here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts