Saturday 1 November 2014

First night in Tokyo

So here I am! My first night back here in Tokyo and it feels like I was only here last week. I've already managed to have a beautiful don buri lunch in Food Show. This consists of a rice bowl topped with raw tuna and is gorgeous! This was followed by a rummage around the wonders of Loft in Shibuya - a haven for all stationery items. Needless to say, I picked up a few items.

This evening's meal was spent at a local yakitori restaurant in Naka Meguro. Yakitori is a style of food grilled and served on skewers and ranges from normal pieces such as vegetables, chicken breast and thigh, to gizzards and god knows what else! It's a small restaurant and situated around a bar where you can watch the chefs cooking up a storm.

We wandered back home past the fabulous Happy Pudding place along the Meguro river where you can pick up all sorts of amazing creme caramels in different flavours.


There is always a wait at the yakitori restaurant, but it's so worth it!


I chose a tiramisu flavoured Happy Pudding with a mint leaf garnish.


Each pudding is beautifully wrapped with a paper lid.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts