Saturday 20 September 2014

Twig

Yesterday I went to the Handmade Fair at Hampton Court. It's the first time that they have held this event (organised by Kirstie Allsop) and I was interested to see what it was like. There were a lot of tents holding classes on various crafting techniques, from knitting to origami flowers to beading, as well as tents where talks were held on a variety of different crafty topics.

On top of this, there were many tents selling wares, which is where I spent most of my time! I came home with some fab tweed pieces that I'm looking forward to making into winter clutch bags, as well as some lovely modern hand screen printed cottons which will make fab tote bags. 

I also coveted many home items and the one that sticks out the most for me was a shop called Twig. Susan Lacey, the founder of Twig, has created a beautiful collection of 100% lambswool cushions, throws, and home accessories centered around colour and design. She has combined the beauty of natural fabrics, to give your home interior a truly unique and fully co-ordinated look. She had a beautiful product and a beautiful stand that you can see now at the Handmade Fair in Hampton Court.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts