Saturday 7 June 2014

Fave fabric Friday

It appears that a few Fridays have slipped past since I last did this! 

This Friday's fave fabric is a beautiful vintage cotton kimono piece. In my last post I mentioned about a customer coming to my studio to choose some fabrics for her friends' bags. We had a great time choosing, but it was also a good chance for me to remember what I have. Things were unearthed that I didn't even know were there!

One of them was this beautiful cotton kimono piece. I love the layout of the design and the use of soft blues and pinks with the vibrant red, made even lovelier by the fact that the cotton is so fine. I'm thinking of making it into a clutch bag and using a mustard yellow cotton as the lining fabric. It would make a pretty summer clutch.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts