Friday 24 January 2020

Kimono cuffs

I've had this stunning red and purple kimono in my collection for a while now and have been trying to think what would be the best product to apply it to. 


The colours and motifs are so strong and I love the combination of flowers, butterflies and hexagons. I've already used some of the motifs for necklaces in my store which you can find here.  


I decided to create some cuff bracelets and here is the outcome! One is a red cuff with a purple button and the other is a purple cuff with a red button. The colours and motifs are perfect for using as decorative items.


Each cuff has a canvas strap inside it to give it strength and makes it easy to wrap around the wrist.


The cuffs are held closed with a button and elastic closure. The elastic means that the size can be adjusted to each wrist.


I covered the buttons with a co-ordinating kimono fabric and hand sewed them onto the cuff.


These cuffs make a great addition to any outfit and can be worn on their own or as a pair.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts