Wednesday 1 May 2019

Mexican adventure - a trip on a catamaran

Having done most of the sights in this area (Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba etc) last time I was here, I decided to head out on the water and do a catamaran trip. It’s great being out on the water and feeling the sea breeze on your face.


We sailed along the coastline and then moored up near a coral reef where we were taken on a snorkelling journey around coral reefs and tropical fish. We even got to see an inquisitive turtle!


Back onto the boat and time for margaritas and Mexican food, handed to us in a handy bento-style container. Very practical when on a very rocky boat!


Near the end of the trip we moored up at a lovely warm shallow area and tried paddle boarding. I got the hang of it pretty quickly but lost my balance and fell into the water, twisting my knee at a funny angle. As a result I’m lying with ice on my leg and feeling very sorry for myself. I can think of worse places to have to lie and do nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts