Saturday 20 April 2019

Purple passion

Purple is the colour of passion and mystery and is often associated with royalty, luxury and power. It's one of my favourite colours and I decided to revisit some purple items in my store.

This clutch bag is made from a stunning outer kimono which has a delicate chrysanthemum motif on it. Chrysanthemums are often used in Japanese design and I love the way that this motif becomes abstract due to its scale and placement. This clutch has a detachable chain handle which fits over the shoulder or across the body.


I love to give each of my items an interesting lining so that the user has a little surprise when they open it up. This bag was crying out for a hot pink lining. I love that flash of colour when the bag is opened.


In my store I also have a selection of silk scarves made from vintage kimono fabrics. This one has a pretty maple leaf design on it and looks great tied in a loose knot around the neck.


The cuff bracelets are a popular item in my store and make a nice addition to an outfit. This one is made from a purple and black vintage kimono fabric and has a kimono fabric button to hold it closed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts