Saturday 5 January 2019

Gorgeous green

I do love a shot of green and when I saw these fab boots in TX Maxx recently I thought 'Could I get away with these?!' They are made from a Chinese-inspired design in a fabulous emerald green satin fabric with a woven bird motif in gold and silver thread.


I then thought what a wonderful match they would make with my Cheeky Leopard clutch bag which comes in the same colours! It is also a fab emerald green colour and has a gold woven bird design. This fabric is a vintage Japanese obi fabric that I bought when I lived in Tokyo. The obi is the 'belt' that goes around the kimono and often comes in vibrant colours and designs.



This clutch goes beautifully with a little black dress and what a great accessory the boots would make with the bag! Quite an outfit. As you can see, it's big enough to fit all the essentials for a night out and has a magnetic snap closure.


What I love about this bird design is that it is very stylised and draws inspiration from origami bird designs. I also love the placement of the birds, as if in flight.


Now I just need to find an event to wear them to!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts