Friday 21 July 2017

Sumptuous scarf

It's been a while since I've added to my scarf collection, but I've been quietly sewing away in my design studio and have finally created a few more! The first to be added to my store is this sumptuous red scarf which is made from vintage Japanese silk kimono fabrics in shades of red, pink and cream. It's long and thin and can be draped around the neck several times.


The reds are my favourite colours as they add such drama to an outfit.


My favourite part is choosing which fabrics are going to be used for each scarf.


I love the classic stork design, found in so much Japanese art and design. The stork is the symbol of longevity and good luck.


Some of the designs I have used show the traditional Japanese blossom design or a more stylised version of chrysanthemums.

You can find this stunning scarf in my store here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts