Monday 7 November 2016

Tokyo - Day 2

Another gorgeously sunny day with bright blue skies, but pretty chilly! After a warming coffee at the Starbucks overlooking Shibuya crossing, we headed off to Shinagawa to check out the Sony archives.


It was really interesting to see how much influence Sony has had over technology over the years, such as the Walkman and the Discman. I especially liked these 1960s radios.


From Shinagawa, we headed round on the Yamamoto line to Nippori. I'm afraid a trip to Tokyo is not complete without a trip to Fabric Town in Nippori.

I started with a visit to Tomato, a fabulous fabric store on 5 floors. 


I bought some fun modern cotton fabrics there, and then crossed the road to a vintage kimono and obi shop.


I nearly always find at least a few items there and this time was no exception! I came out with three fabulously blingy obi fabrics and a beautiful kimono which will all be made up into clutch bags when I get home.


After a much needed lunch break at Mos Burger, we walked through Yanaka, visiting some of the temples and enjoying the atmosphere of Old Tokyo.


I love the calmness of the area and the serenity of the small graveyards, there's also an amazing choice of food options.


From Yanaka we got the train to Kuramae where I went to my favourite clasp shop.


The shop has been around for about 80 years and sells everything to do with bag-making. I stocked up on some more of the clasps that I use for my cosmetic bags.


After another much needed rest at the apartment, we headed out to Omotesando to meet my friend Michiko.
We ate scrumptious tempura washed down with warm sake. Yum!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts