Monday 24 October 2016

Happy Monday

....and Happy Birthday to me! Yes, it's my birthday today and I will be going out tonight to celebrate with cocktails and sushi locally with friends. I feel very lucky as I was also whisked away for the weekend by my boyfriend, down to Cornwall to stay in a lovely spa hotel called The Cornwall. We had a lovely superior suite, and a massage and evening dinner were also included in our stay. The hotel lounge was decorated with teal walls and magenta velvet sofas, my favourite colour combination.


On our first evening there, we enjoyed killer cocktails in the bar.


Cornwall has a special place in my heart as we grew up going there for summer holidays, and later on, my parents owned a little holiday house in St Mawes, which I have some very fond memories of. After a fabulous massage on Saturday morning, we drove to St Mawes where we pootled around, enjoying the views, as well as the relaxed feel of the place.


The weather was pretty moody, but the view over the harbour was still stunning.


The vintage petrol pumps are still in St Mawes village centre, outside the rowing gig club.


On Sunday we visited Cotehele, a National Trust House near Saltash. It was built in the Tudor times and has a stunning collection of tapestries that cover the walls of nearly every room.


Most of Cornwall is now in full autumnal mode and the leaves were turning a stunning shade of orange and red.


We couldn't leave without a good old strong cup of tea overlooking the quay.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts