Thursday 9 June 2016

The finished product!

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was working on a commission for a new bag which involved cutting up one of my beautiful vintage kimonos - you can read about it here. I mentioned that it can be quite an emotional process deconstructing a kimono, but it can also be a lovely process as it produces something new. Well, the bag has now been made and here it is in all its glory! I love it! The bold design works so nicely with the style of the bag and the red lining gives it a flash of colour when you open it up. I'm looking forward to delivering the bag to its new owner this evening.


The silver foil flower is printed over the main design and looks stunning!


Red and black flowers sit on cream and grey clouds.


The red lining matches perfectly to the outside colour.


This is the kimono before it was cut up. It has a stunning bold design in red, cream and black with a dramatic stylised silver floral printed over the top here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts