Wednesday 15 June 2016

New York - Day 4

On the morning of my fourth day in New York, I decided to meander through the streets of Chintatown, up through Nolita and then across to SoHo. It was another gorgeous sunny day and perfect for a meander.


I love walking through the mayhem of Chintatown and watch people going about their daily chores, stocking up on the day's food.


After making a few purchases on Broadway and at the Apple Store, I got the subway up to 53rd street to check out the Moma. I forgot what a great space it was! Beautiful open spaces and an amazing permanent collection.


A big reason for going there was to check out the Degas exhibition, which held a collection of monotype prints.


This picture captures a singer in action. Her face is kept white to accentuate the footlights lighting up her face.


This haunting image depicts two people of the time and the blurred faces illustrates the hustle and bustle of Victorian life.


Degas is famous for his ballet dancer images and these were stunning, capturing candid scenes of dancers limbering up backstage.


I sat out in the courtyard of the Moma for a while, soaking up the atmosphere and enjoying the warm weather.


I then walked down and met my friend Michelle on 34th street and we walked down to the Frying Pan, an old boat that has been converted into a bar. It was the perfect spot for a beer or two in the evening sun. 


We then headed up to 46th street for s spot of Japanese food. Michelle and I know each other from Tokyo, so it was great to reminisce over our favourite food washed down with a bottle of sake!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts