Saturday 31 October 2015

Tokyo trip - Day one

Well, after quite a while of not posting on my blog, I should have quite a lot to talk about as I am now on my annual trip to Tokyo! I really have hit the ground running, and with limited time to fit in everything I want to do, it just has to be done. I easily found my way from the airport to my new home for the next week, a lovely little apartment in Shibuya found through Airbnb. 


I dumped my suitcases, had a quick shower and then headed out to Roppongi Hills to meet up with my friend Tatsuya to see an exhibition of Takashi Murakami's work. He is heavily influenced by anime art and works on grand scales and in vibrant colours.





After a scrumptious meal of juicy tonkatsu (deep fried breaded pork) we headed over to Blue Note, old school-style supper club, to see the wonderful Kamasi Washington and his band play a mix of jazz, funk soul and all sorts in between!


The evening ended with the obligatory bustle through Shibuya where the hordes came out en masse to celebrate Halloween. It was fun to see all the random costumes but I have to say, I was glad to get back to the safety of my lovely little apartment and the comfort of my bed!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts