Saturday 10 October 2015

An afternoon at Alexandra Palace

Yesterday I trotted off to the stunning Alexandra Palace to check out the Knitting and Stitching show. I'm embarrassed to say I had never been to Alexandra Palace before and I was impressed by its size and location - a rather awesome Victorian building sitting on a hill in North London, with stunning views of the city below. It was a lovely warm and sunny autumn day yesterday and I felt like I was in a foreign city!

Of course the main reason for going to the show was to pick up some inspiring fabric pieces as well as to see what other fabrics trends were around and to touch base with some customers. I saw quite a few of the fabric designs I have worked on for Makower UK, and it was great to see some of the fabrics I'd designed made up into quilts and hangings.


I bought these fabrics from The African Fabric Shop, who sell a stunning variety of items from Africa. I homed in on the brighter colours and came away with a collection of pink and blue fabrics that use a combination of resist and screen printed techniques.


Selvedge had a stall there, displaying beautifully delicate crocheted items. 


The Silk Route stall was a ablaze with colour and I came home with a stunning selection of pinks, yellows and turquoises.


The ribbons below would make a perfect match with the silks I bought.


I love the fabrics from KSDP and the money raised from the sales goes to a very good cause.


My lovely friend Jo had a stall there called Bazaar, selling an amazing array of items from India. I gravitated towards the embroidered ribbons.


  Such a lovely selection of woodblocks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts