Monday 3 August 2015

Happy Monday

What a beautiful weekend it was here in the UK! After days of grey skies and rainy weather, the sun came out and all was forgiven! I spent the weekend catching up with good friends, cooked good food and hung out in the garden. I also got busy with some sewing and came up with these three stunning gems, made from one of the saris that I bought from Bazaar a while ago.

Bazaar is run by my good friend Joanna Hall, who travels to India several times a year to source beautiful fabrics, jewellery, clothing etc to adorn yourself and your home. I went to one of her barn shows a while ago which you can read about here. While I was there, I stocked up on stunning fabrics, including an array of brightly coloured saris. I have finally started using them and this is the first attempt which I'm really happy with.

These three beauties are all made from the same sari. What I love about the saris, apart from the vibrant colours, is the fact that each one is about 5 yards long, so you get a lot of fabric to play with. They are all vintage saris, so have a story to tell. They have been carefully hand washed, and then cut out by me, incorporating the beautiful woven design into each clutch bag. You can find all three clutches in my store here.


The sari I used was mostly magenta pink, but had a green section at one end and this drew me to it.


I loved the teal green design against the pink so decided to give this clutch bag a teal lining.



The green of this clutch bag really makes me smile!
I couldn't resist adding a hot pink lining for a juicy flash of colour.



The original sari had a border edge to it, so I decided to incorporate that border into this clutch bag.
I carefully cut along each edge and then pieced it together with other magenta sections of the sari.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts