Monday 22 June 2015

Happy Monday

Happy Monday!

I hope a good weekend was had by all. I spent some of my weekend rediscovering my fabric stash. I have so many lovely fabrics that get hidden away in my studio, and it's always good to reacquaint myself with some of them. I love to hide myself away for a few hours and forage.

I spread the fabrics out on my studio floor and was amazed at the array of colour I had chosen. 
These are all vintage obi fabrics (the 'belt' that goes around the kimono) that I bought in Tokyo.


I really enjoy cutting out the fabrics to make into clutch bags and choosing a suitable lining for each one. Even the leftover scraps are interesting to me and look so pretty in a pile.


My favourite find was a stunning yellow floral obi fabric. Check out those blooms!


I decided to make it up into a clutch bag and added a grass green cotton lining to compliment the outer fabric. You can find it in my store here.


On Sunday afternoon we decided to head over to East Molesey, where there is a fabric shop called Creative Quilting that I like to go to every now and then. It's situated on the small high street that has lots of lovely little shops to browse in. We can walk to East Molesey through Bushy Park, a lovely park where deer roam free and you can get lost in the wild grasses. East Molesey is also very close to Hampton Court Palace, the home of Henry the Eighth, so we popped into gardens adjoining the palace for a quick look at the rose garden, which is now in full bloom. The scent was amazing and I homed in on many of the yellow blooms. Yellow is obviously a popular theme at the mo!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts