Sunday 16 November 2014

Khaadi

On Saturday I braved a trip to Westfield in West London with my friend Audrey. I got there early and had a quick mooch around, and I came across a shop called Khaadi which stuck out from the crowd of high street names. My first reaction was to the blast of colour on show. They had beautiful chairs upholstered in stunningly bright embroideries and this drew me in. The rest of the shop was a blaze of colour, print and texture.

Khaadi, which means "hand woven", started in Karachi, Pakistan where its chairman and founder, Shamoon Sultan, wanted to revive the ancient art of the handloom. It creates a fusion of styles which complement both the East and the West and each garment incorporates pattern and embroidery to stunning effect.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts