Friday 12 September 2014

Fabric Friday


Today I finally ventured to the haven that is Joel and Son, a fabulous couture fabric shop just off the Edgeware Road. I'm embarrassed to say I've never been there before and wasn't sure what to expect. I approached it from Edgeware Road station and passed many kebab shops and food stores before ducking down Church Road where it's located. It was market day and there were lots of fruit and veg stores selling beautiful produce, with a great atmosphere. It was hard to imagine a couture fabric shop nestled on the same street as this lively local event, but there it was - Joel and Son. It is packed full of fabrics from soft silks to stunning wools, all stacked one on top of the other. It was actually quite overwhelming! I spent a good time looking around, gasping at the fabrics and gasping at the prices and narrowed it down to five beautiful pieces.

This is the rather spangly sign outside the shop.


In the end I chose some beautiful Indian embroidered shantung silks.

All my fabrics were wrapped up and put in this beautiful bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts