Monday 18 August 2014

The latest addition

This is the latest addition to my store. It's a clutch bag with a detachable chain handle and is quite different to many of the other items in my shop, which tend to be brighter and more vibrant. 

This one is made from a pretty soft pink vintage Japanese obi fabric (the 'belt' that goes around the kimono), pieced together with a pretty modern silk fabric, which has a sketchy black and white swirl design on it. 

The black and white silk fabric was given to me by couturier Jacqueline Kilpatrick who I wrote about a while ago. You can read about my visit to her studio here. It has taken me a while to go through the amazing selection of fabrics she gave me, but this is the first finished product and I love it!

You can find it in my store here.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts