Wednesday, 31 August 2011
All White Now
I'm usually drawn to brightly-coloured things, but these beautifully pale items caught my eye and I felt the need to write about them. They are made by Lisa, a sculptor/model-maker based in Bristol, England. She works with clay and takes her reference from sea creatures such as coral, jelly fish and sea urchins. What I love is that she likes to leave the tool marks, raw edges and texture of the clay so that it keeps more of an organic feel. A lot of Lisa's work is pierced and she leaves this unsmoothed so that it keeps a barnacle effect, yet the white of the unglazed clay makes it fresh and modern. Her work takes on a rather ethereal feel in it's transparency as well as its lace-like quality. You can see more of her work here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I'm loving this bunting , available in my Etsy Shop . It's the perfect decoration for a summer party. It's made from cotton and ...
-
This seashell print is available in my Redbubble shop and is great for using on items for the beach. It's been designed in a linocut ...
-
Sunflowers are a great way to update a dark bedroom and these ones available in my Spoonflower shop are the perfect solution. I designed th...
-
I love a butterfly print and I love a green clutch bag and this does both! It's made from a fabulous cotton vintage Japanese kimono fab...
-
I came across this shop on Etsy yesterday and felt the need to share it! I love the name " Baileydoesn'tbark " and the simple ...




No comments:
Post a Comment