Thursday 19 May 2011

Madeline Weinrib

I love the fabrics, cushions and rugs produced by Madeline Weinrib. She is a painter and designer living in New York and is the grand daughter of ABC Carpet and Home founder Max Weinrib. ABC is a beautifully opulent shop and Madeline carries on the family tradition, creating a collection that uses traditional forms of production but with a fresh eye on colour. She uses lush colour palettes and opulent pattern inspired by her travels to produce a juicy collection of ikat fabrics, brightly coloured rugs, and even beautifully covered chairs and sofas. I love the blue and white ikat collection (see my Pinterest page for more) as well as the vibrantly pink rugs - not sure if I could carry it off in my home though....

She also offers a bespoke service where one can create their own tailor-made piece using the amazing array of colours on offer.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts