Sunday 13 February 2011

A Trip to the Tate

Whenever I come back to London, I always try to visit the Tate Modern, as I love the building, but also the walk along the Southbank to get to it. The view is stunning and is made more dramatic by the moody English weather.
I picked up this card while I was there and love the simplicity of the iconic London skyline. There are a lot of London-inspired homewares available at the mo, and I love Little Greene's wallpaper design depicting illustrated town houses in Hampstead.
I also visited the Southbank Centre, a very '60s design that is a 'love-it or loathe-it' complex of concrete buildings encompassing the Royal Festival Hall and the Hayward Gallery, among others. I love this selection of beautifully graphic cards that I picked up in the gift shop, designed by Stefi Orazi. Minimoderns have immortalised the Southbank Centre in a wallpaper design with the colourway fittingly called Concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts