Saturday 22 July 2023

Purple passion

 This stunner is made from a selection of kimono fabrics I collected whilst living in Japan. I lived there for four years and amassed an amazing collection of kimono fabrics that I picked up from the shrine sales around Tokyo. It was so much fun to forage through the array of kimonos the vendors had on offer at these sales and I got to know my favourite sellers. I usually homed in on the kimonos that came in bright colours with bold motifs and these patterns and colours lend themselves to creating stunning accessories such as clutch bags and scarves. This is the latest addition to my Etsy shop.


This scarf incorporates at least six different kimono fabrics in varying shades of purple. Some are quite simple in design, others are more intricate and have touches of metallic gold.


Each fabric piece has been carefully considered in its placement - this is the part I really enjoy! Top stitching helps to keep the pieces lying neat and flat.


I love the fact that the scarf changes significantly in look depending on how you wear it and how it is draped around the neck.


The reverse of this scarf has a dramatic magenta butterfly fabric.


This kimono scarf is double sided.


My favourite motif on this silk scarf is this beautifully big chrysanthemum design. I love the vibrant red centre and the touches of metallic gold.


Shop scarves here



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts