Monday 3 July 2023

Kimono artwork

 When I lived in Tokyo I grew to love the traditional kimonos that come in amazing colours and stunning designs. I even had a lesson on how to wear a kimono - which is very involved but an amazing experience! You can read about that experience on my other blog called Katie in Tokyo. I still have a massive appreciation for the kimono designs and fabrics and often use them in my creations. I now have a pretty kimono artwork to reflect that, available in my Etsy store.


I chose a pretty pink colour as the background and embellished it with flowers and bamboo leaves that are traditional motifs used on kimono designs.


This hand-drawn kimono design is digitally printed onto a lovely thick watercolour paper. It's packaged in a cellophane envelope and then gift wrapped in pink tissue paper. This would make a great gift for any Japan-lover. It can be sent straight to its recipient with an optional gift message included.


This kimono artwork would look fabulous in the bedroom or in a dressing room.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts