Monday 1 April 2019

Gorgeous green!

I was coveting this fabulous green suit in Grazia magazine recently and
realised what a great match it made with a variety of bags in my store.


I love this green and white ikat tote bag. The fabric comes from a bazaar in Istanbul where I spent ages talking to the stall holder and drinking tea with him whilst I chose my fabrics. The bag has strong canvas straps and a complimentary green lining.


The clutch bag below is made from a Japanese obi fabric that I bought at a shrine sale in Tokyo. The obi is the 'belt' that goes around the kimono and often comes in bright colours and bold designs. I love the vibrancy of this fabric and gave it a turquoise lining.


The green and black handbag below is made from a decorative haori jacket which is the jacket worn over the kimono in cooler weather. This fabric was also bought from a shrine sale in Tokyo.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts