Friday 25 August 2017

Fabric Friday

Today I'd like to share with you some fabric swatches that I've been playing with. As you may know, I'm a bit of a fabric-lover and am always playing with the fabrics in my collection and thinking of new ways to use it. After living in Tokyo for four years I have a rather extensive kimono collection and I love to spend time sifting through the fabrics and drooling over their designs and colours.


When I play with the fabrics I am always thinking of what would be the best use for it and either thinking of applying it to a product I already have in my store or for devising a new one.


Sometimes I only have small amounts of fabric and these are perfect for making the cuff bracelets, button brooches and necklaces that I sell in my store. I have to make sure that the design on the fabric is small enough to show on the finished piece.


The smaller kimono fabric pieces are also great for using in my silk scarves as I tend to patchwork them together to create one long piece.


So far I have selected a few colour schemes which you can see in the photos above. I love the vibrancy of the orange and red colour ways, but the black and white, and blue and white colours are very pleasing too. Look out for some new scarves in store soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts