Thursday 17 August 2017

Cute as a button

It's been a while since I've created any kimono brooches, but recently I felt inspired to create this set of cuties. Each of my brooch sets comes in a trio, using vintage Japanese kimono fabrics in complimentary colours. For this threesome I chose a colour palette of purple, red and pink and it incorporates leaves and blossoms that are so iconic in Japanese design.


Each brooch has been made using a button mould which the vintage kimono fabric is attached to. I then hand sew a felt backing to each button brooch in a complimentary colour, and then a pin is hand sewn onto the felt backing.


These brooches look great attached to the lapel of a jacket or as decoration on a handbag.


You can find theses cuties in my store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts