Monday 21 November 2016

Happy Monday

Happy Monday to all. I hope the weather's better wherever you are. Here in London, the weather has been very English - cold, grey and rainy - and I'm already dreaming of long summer evenings!

Today I thought I'd mention something to brighten the day, this rather lovely little plate I bought in Tokyo recently. Whenever I do the International Bazaar I'm always tempted to purchase items from other vendors while I'm there - beautiful washi paper ornaments and intricately woven temari balls. This time I was quite reserved in my spending and only came home with this rather cute little plate in the shape of a Japanese lady's face.


She has a happy smile and is based on the traditional masks used in Japanese Noh theatre.
She fits in perfectly with my kokeshi doll collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts