Friday 27 May 2016

Fabric Friday

Fabric Friday is back again and this week I'm highlighting a beautiful kimono from my collection. I have so many items in my fabric stash that I often forget what I've got. It's not until I have a customer come round to choose fabric for a bag and we have a rummage, that I remember items I have or see them in a new light. Last night a friend came round to my home studio as she is going to an event in June and needs a handbag to match her outfit which is red and grey. It didn't take long to find the perfect match - this stunning red, black and white kimono with touches of silver. We've decided to give it a red lining to match the outer fabric.

A lot of people ask me if it's painful to cut up my kimonos and yes, it can be! I've got used to it now though and know that it will be made into something equally stunning.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts