Friday 26 February 2016

Fabric Friday

It's Fabric Friday time again! And I thought I'd mention these three little lovelies that I picked up on my last trip to Tokyo. They are all modern fabrics that are inspired by traditional kimono designs and I bought them in a lovely little kimono shop in Azabu Juban called Kimono Arts Sunaga. I'm now looking forward to making them into fun clutch bags and purses, each with a vibrant lining.


I am often drawn to bright colours which is why I chose these fabric pieces.


This cotton fan design uses pretty peach and pink colours on a black ground.


I love the bright purple colour of this cotton mini blossom design. It works nicely with the touches of coral pink and turquoise.


This bold floral is a chirimen fabric. The mini design in the background is made to look like shibori, a Japanese tie-dying technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts