Friday 2 May 2014

Fave fabric Friday

This Friday's fabric is a beautiful purple Japanese obi. It has a leaf motif in shades of purple, with silvery stems and white berries. It's such a stunning design and I can't wait to use it.
As with most of my fabrics, I'm loathe to cut it up, but now that I know I'll be going to Tokyo in November, I can use them knowing that more will be brought back with me!


 Varying shades of purple have been woven into the leaf design to create texture.


 I'm thinking of adding a hot pink lining for a flash of colour when the bag is opened.


There is a limited amount of design on this obi, so I'm going to have to be careful how I use it. 
There is one large motif and one small, so at least enough to make two clutch bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts