Sunday 15 May 2011

Yurakucho Antique Market

Today I went on, what seems to have become, my monthly pilgrimage to the Yurakucho Antique market at the International Forum. It was another stunningly sunny day and a lovely way to spend a few hours when you are a fabric junkie and in need of a fix. I went with my friend Becky and we did a good bit of foraging and came back with some wonderful finds. I love the many stalls that sell the blue and white fabric - similar to what I used in the clutch bag below. These stalls also sell the beautiful sashiko threads that are hand dyed in lovely soft earthy colours as well as in the tones of blue and indigo. There was also a wonderful array of brightly coloured hand dyed linens. I now need to find a project to justify buying them......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts